Browse By Neighborhood
- What’s That Orange Netting On My Neighbor’s Rooftop?: Every so often we get a call or an email here at GVSHP asking about...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Map It! Finding the Lost Stuyvesant Alley: Recently, someone contacted us asking about the location of Stuyvesant Alley, which no longer exists....
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
The New School
Posted on June 17, 2014 | No CommentsLast evening, as part of GVSHP’s Annual Meeting, we celebrated the best of Greenwich Village, […]
Posted on February 22, 2013 | No CommentsTomorrow The New School will hold the second part of its symposium, The Feminine Mystique […]
Posted on October 9, 2012 | No CommentsThe New School’s new building at the corner of Fifth Avenue and 14th Street is […]
Posted on July 10, 2012 | 3 CommentsThe New School recently “topped out” its new “University Center” at 65 Fifth Avenue at […]
Posted on June 8, 2012 | 2 CommentsLast evening, 400 guests celebrated the accomplishments of the Greenwich Village Society for Historic Preservation […]
Page 1 of 11