Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Great Album Covers, Preserved Forever: They may not necessarily be a basis for landmark designation, but it’s always nice when...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 25, 2015 | No CommentsThe smallest piece of property to ever be privately owned in New York City dates […]
Posted on April 1, 2015 | 1 CommentIt was just shy of a month ago, on March 5, that a forum called […]
Posted on November 25, 2014 | No CommentsBY ANDREW BERMAN | Imagine a young developer from a big New York real estate […]
Posted on June 26, 2014 | No CommentsA neighbor was having a sale last Saturday to clear out bric-a-brac. My trusty companion […]
Posted on February 15, 2013 | 1 CommentFrom The Villager Newspaper, February 14, 2013 Op-Ed: Quinn Holds the Cards on Hudson Square […]
Posted on January 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsOver the summer we told you about the 1959 Greenwich Village Guide book published under […]
Page 1 of 11