Browse By Neighborhood
- David Bowie’s ‘Fame’ Released July 25, 1975: David Bowie's plastic soul-funk hit "Fame," his first (and one of only two) American number one...
- Business of the Month: Casa Adela, 66 Avenue C: Your input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Theater for the New City
Posted on December 18, 2015 | No CommentsAs 2015 comes to a close and 2016 approaches, here is a look back at […]
Posted on September 14, 2015 | No CommentsA while back on Off the Grid we wrote about some of our favorite theaters. […]
Posted on April 8, 2015 | No CommentsOn this date 80 years ago President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Emergency Relief Appropriation Act. […]
Posted on October 28, 2014 | No CommentsThere are some people who can make great changes, come up with unique and far-reaching […]
Posted on December 21, 2012 | No CommentsTwo weeks ago, Off the Grid featured a notice announcing the lighting of the tree […]
Posted on February 22, 2012 | 4 CommentsThe East Village is renowned for its avant-garde, Off-Off Broadway theaters. One of the great […]
Page 1 of 11