Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Tenement House Act of 1901: April 12, 1901 marks the date when the New York State Legislature's passed the Tenement ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on April 12, 2017 | No CommentsThis was originally posted by Amanda Davis, GVSHP’s former Director of Preservation & Research. It […]
Posted on October 4, 2016 | No CommentsEveryone seems to have Vice-Presidents on the brain today in anticipation of tonight’s Vice Presidential […]
Posted on January 11, 2016 | 1 CommentThis is the first part of a three part series on the Weehawken Street Historic […]
Posted on September 5, 2013 | 2 CommentsOn September 6, 1901, President William McKinley was shot while visiting the Pan-American Exposition in […]
Posted on February 20, 2012 | No CommentsCan you name the only United States president to be born in New York City? […]
Posted on September 29, 2011 | 4 CommentsOne of the many wonderful things about the East Village is the fascinating layers of […]
Page 1 of 11