Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- Irish Churches of the Village: The following was originally written by Sheryl Woodruff and posted two years ago. It has been ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on January 4, 2017 | No CommentsThe Vesuvio playground, one of the few green spaces in the newly designated Sullivan-Thompson Historic […]
Posted on November 1, 2016 | No CommentsThe newly calendared Sullivan-Thompson Historic District contains some of the oldest and most historically significant buildings […]
Posted on October 21, 2016 | 2 CommentsYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — help […]
Posted on September 3, 2015 | 1 CommentChess tables have been a staple of New York City public parks for decades. While […]
Posted on October 7, 2014 | No CommentsThinking of white glazed brick buildings can conjure images of boxy post-war high rises on […]
Posted on April 4, 2013 | 1 CommentForty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the […]
Posted on June 4, 2012 | 3 CommentsArturo’s, best known for its delicious coal-oven pizza, first opened on MacDougal Street in 1957 […]
Page 1 of 11