Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- Happy Birthday Andy Warhol: Twentieth century pop art icon Andy Warhol would have been 85 years old today. Though...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on October 7, 2014 | No CommentsThinking of white glazed brick buildings can conjure images of boxy post-war high rises on […]
Posted on April 4, 2013 | No CommentsForty-five years ago today, Martin Luther King Jr. was shot as he stood on the […]
Posted on June 4, 2012 | 3 CommentsArturo’s, best known for its delicious coal-oven pizza, first opened on MacDougal Street in 1957 […]
Page 1 of 11