Browse By Neighborhood
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204 Today!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most...
- Bergino Baseball Clubhouse: This is the first in a series of “Doing Business in the Village” blog posts...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Buildings With Buzzcuts: Have you ever noticed a rowhouse or tenement that’s almost handsome? Something … is ......
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Tompkins Square Park
Posted on December 9, 2014 | No CommentsDecember is chock full of holidays and no shortage of holiday tree lightings, carol singing […]
Posted on October 1, 2014 | No CommentsLast weekend, GVSHP, GrowNYC, and the East Village Parks Conservancy teamed up to create an […]
Posted on September 25, 2014 | No CommentsFor the next two Sundays, GVSHP is teaming up with GrowNYC and the East Village […]
Posted on August 13, 2014 | 1 CommentFrom its days as beer-loving Kleindeutschland to the throngs of SantaCon attendees today, the East […]
Posted on February 25, 2014 | 1 CommentThis is the latest installment of Off the Grid’s series, “Greenwich Village Stories,” in which […]
Posted on February 3, 2014 | 2 CommentsReaders of Off the Grid might notice that we often cite other blogs in our […]
Posted on December 24, 2013 | No CommentsTraditions abound during the holiday season. For many, family and charity are top priorities, while […]
Posted on October 31, 2013 | No CommentsThe Village does Halloween like no other NYC community, featuring parades, festivals, and plenty of […]
Posted on August 27, 2013 | No CommentsIn the past Off the Grid has taken a look at some of the architecture […]
Posted on December 21, 2012 | No CommentsTwo weeks ago, Off the Grid featured a notice announcing the lighting of the tree […]
Page 1 of 11