Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Makari: Your input is needed! Today we kick off our new "Business of the Month" feature...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Sullivan Street Playhouse: Gone But Not Forgotten: Today marks the tenth anniversary of the final performance of the off-Broadway hit The Fantasticks...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on December 23, 2013 | No CommentsWe at GVSHP want to wish everyone a happy holiday season and best wishes for […]
Posted on April 29, 2013 | 3 CommentsLast November, we showed how — to our amazement — the City’s own “Community Profile” […]
Posted on December 18, 2012 | No CommentsWorking in historic preservation you sometimes find yourself dealing with things you never expect. On […]
Posted on November 26, 2012 | 2 CommentsSix and a half years ago, a pitched battle began against the scheme to construct […]
Posted on September 19, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you can join us for tonight’s critical public hearing on the proposed Hudson […]
Posted on September 6, 2012 | No CommentsWe hope you can join us for an incredibly important community board public hearing tonight […]
Posted on August 29, 2012 | 4 CommentsAs most everyone knows, we’re kind of map and statistics geeks here at Off The […]
Posted on March 27, 2012 | No CommentsTrinity Real Estate, the major property owner in the Hudson Square neighborhood, is proposing to […]
Page 1 of 11