Browse By Neighborhood
Get Off the Grid posts delivered to your inbox!
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Manhattan Street Grid Turns 204!: Happy birthday to the Manhattan Street Grid! Hailed by many historians as “the single most ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on March 10, 2017 | No CommentsOp-ed by GVSHP Executive Director Andrew Berman in Read it here. To great fanfare, Mayor […]
Posted on December 21, 2015 | No CommentsDuring the holiday season we reflect back on the past year. Here at GVSHP we’ve […]
Why Residents of the University Place/Broadway Corridor and Surrounding Blocks Should Oppose the City’s Rezoning PlansPosted on December 11, 2015 | 2 CommentsThe City’s rezoning proposals ‘Zoning for Quality and Affordability’ (ZQA) and Mandatory Inclusionary Housing (MIH) […]
Posted on November 2, 2015 | No CommentsAs part of NYCLandmarks50, the celebration of this year’s 50th Anniversary of the NYC Landmarks […]
Posted on April 17, 2015 | No CommentsFor weeks now we’ve all been celebrating the 50th anniversary of the signing of New […]
Community Board Public Hearing on GVSHP’s University Place/Broadway Corridor Rezoning Proposal Jan. 14Posted on January 9, 2015 | 1 CommentCommunity Board #2 will be holding a public hearing next Wednesday, January 14th at 6:30 […]
Posted on January 7, 2015 | No CommentsZONING MATTERS: REZONED WEST VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT SITE WOULD HAVE ALLOWED HUGE TOWER, NOW MARKETED FOR […]
Posted on December 11, 2014 | No CommentsLast week’s community meeting about the need to better preserve and protect the Village’s University […]
Posted on November 25, 2014 | No CommentsBY ANDREW BERMAN | Imagine a young developer from a big New York real estate […]
Posted on April 22, 2013 | 4 CommentsIt’s disappointing but hardly surprising — NYU destroying a small but important piece of the […]