Browse By Neighborhood
- University Village/Silver Towers – Urban Design that Stands the Test of Time: Greenwich Village is home to what is considered by many one of the finest examples...
- Happy Birthday Oscar Wilde: Today is the one hundred and fifty-eighth birthday of the Irish writer Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- High Line, Part 3: Congratulations to our friends at The High Line! The third and final section of the...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Wanamaker Department Store
Posted on July 16, 2014 | 2 CommentsStreet construction is a constant part of New York life. The jackhammers, the dust, and […]
Posted on March 20, 2013 | 2 CommentsWe recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in […]
Posted on March 13, 2013 | No CommentsDo you recognize this location? The building partially visible at left is the only part […]
Posted on January 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsOver the summer we told you about the 1959 Greenwich Village Guide book published under […]
Posted on October 4, 2012 | 3 CommentsLast week, amid the news of an added connection between the Broadway-Lafayette and Bleecker Street […]
Page 1 of 11