Browse By Neighborhood
- Business of the Month: Sullivan Street Tea & Spice Company: Your input is needed! Today we feature our second “Business of the Month" — the first...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- 1980s Tax Photos: Then & Now: For today's post in our Then & Now series, we thought we'd feature a few...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Wanamaker Department Store
Posted on July 16, 2014 | No CommentsStreet construction is a constant part of New York life. The jackhammers, the dust, and […]
Posted on March 20, 2013 | 2 CommentsWe recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in […]
Posted on March 13, 2013 | No CommentsDo you recognize this location? The building partially visible at left is the only part […]
Posted on January 4, 2013 | 2 CommentsOver the summer we told you about the 1959 Greenwich Village Guide book published under […]
Posted on October 4, 2012 | 2 CommentsLast week, amid the news of an added connection between the Broadway-Lafayette and Bleecker Street […]
Page 1 of 11