Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The House of Death: 14 West 10th Street is a Greek Revival house near Washington Square Park with a ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Washington Square Park
Posted on September 26, 2016 | No CommentsAutumn is in the air here in the Village! As the leaves start to change […]
Posted on September 12, 2016 | No CommentsWhere can you enjoy the best of Greenwich Village bars, restaurants, and shops, all in […]
Posted on September 1, 2016 | 1 CommentWaverly Place and Mercer Street is just east of Washington Square Park. This unique part […]
Posted on August 17, 2016 | No CommentsTwenty-three years ago, New York Magazine was worried about the Village. And they weren’t the […]
Posted on August 5, 2016 | No CommentsGone but not forgotten, below is a list of just some of the individuals who […]
Posted on June 7, 2016 | 1 CommentGreenwich Village has been a hot-bed for creative theatrical minds since at least the beginnings […]
Posted on May 4, 2016 | No CommentsNot long ago, in theaters far, far away (and near too), a movie came out that […]
Posted on April 22, 2016 | 2 CommentsToday is Earth Day, first celebrated in NYC in 1970, and you may notice some […]
Posted on March 18, 2016 | No CommentsJane Jacobs, who once lived on Hudson Street in the West Village, wrote the book, […]
Posted on March 1, 2016 | No CommentsGVSHP is excited to share our oral history collection with the public, and hope they will […]