Browse By Neighborhood
- Photos of the Merchant’s House as a Young Museum: Many of you are following the (quite lengthy) story of a new building that has...
- Summer in the City: Forty-five years ago this weekend, on August 13, 1966, the classic ode to the trials...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain,...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- An Illustrated Trip Down Broadway: We recently highlighted the marvelous illustration work of James Gulliver Hancock as he continues in...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on February 13, 2014 | 1 CommentToday, most New Yorkers are trudging through the snow and freezing rain, navigating those slushy […]
Posted on January 15, 2014 | No CommentsIf you like wandering around the streets of Greenwich Village and admiring the architecture as […]
Posted on December 7, 2012 | No CommentsThe holiday season is well underway and our neighborhoods have wonderful events going on to […]
Posted on September 18, 2012 | 1 CommentWhen I was home recently I looked through one of my parents’ photo albums and […]
Posted on July 2, 2012 | No CommentsA little over two months ago, Off the Grid covered a meeting regarding the proposed […]
Posted on May 17, 2012 | 2 CommentsWalking near Jackson Square in the West Village, you may have wondered what will become […]
Posted on May 8, 2012 | No CommentsWe had a beautiful day for our 14th annual house tour benefit on Sunday, May […]
Posted on May 2, 2012 | No CommentsIt’s not too late to purchase tickets for our Spring House Tour Benefit, taking place […]
Posted on January 25, 2012 | 1 CommentA research request by a New York Times writer regarding the Cherry Lane Theatre at […]
Posted on August 25, 2011 | No CommentsWith Hurricane Irene on the way, the city is bracing for some possible high winds […]