Browse By Neighborhood
- Lost Neighborhoods of New York: Goulash Row: New York is renowned for its vibrant immigrant history, and the many diverse neighborhoods born ...
- The Astor Place Riot: Recently we have been running a series in Off the Grid on the Village as ...
- The Oldest Building in the Village?: Call it whatever you'd like: antique, vintage, or historic. If one thing is for certain ...
From the 'Off the Grid' Archives
- Historic Greenwich Village and Hollywood: Last night, GVSHP presented a free public program with James & Michelle Nevius, authors of ...
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- Bowery Boys
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- New York in the 1990s
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Lo-Down
- Untapped New York
- Wooden House Project
Posted on September 27, 2016 | No CommentsA stroll through the Village on a crisp autumn day offers so many alluring bakeries […]
Posted on September 12, 2016 | No CommentsWhere can you enjoy the best of Greenwich Village bars, restaurants, and shops, all in […]
Posted on August 23, 2016 | No CommentsCharles Busch is the quintessential Villager. A prolific playwright and actor, he has lived in […]
Posted on August 4, 2016 | No CommentsRecently, GVSHP has been reporting on and testifying against the plans for a building to […]
Posted on August 1, 2016 | No CommentsToday marks the 25th anniversary of the release of the landmark documentary Paris Is Burning. Filmed […]
Posted on June 21, 2016 | No CommentsHappy Pride Week! Each June during the week leading up to the Gay Pride March, NYC […]
Posted on December 17, 2015 | 1 CommentYour input is needed! Today we feature our latest Business of the Month — and […]
Posted on July 6, 2015 | No CommentsAlthough the summer months mean vacation time for some people, here at GVSHP, we don’t […]
Posted on April 15, 2015 | 2 CommentsTax Day may not be our favorite day of the year. But it bears an […]