Browse By Neighborhood
- A Sad Farewell to Joe’s Dairy: After 60 years, Joe’s Dairy, a small South Village institution specializing in fresh mozzarella (plain, salted, and smoked) will cl
- The Backstory on Backhouses: One of the many wonderful things about our neighborhoods is the seemingly limitless possibility for surprises. Though small in scale a
From the ‘Off the Grid’ Archives
Connect with GVSHP!
Subscribe to Off the Grid via Email
Support Our Work
- Big Apple Preserves
- Bowery Boogie
- East Village Transitions
- Ephemeral New York
- EV Grieve
- Forgotten NY
- Fourth Arts Block
- Greenwich Village Daily Photo
- Historic Districts Council
- Jeremiah's Vanishing New York
- Lower East Side History Project
- Neighborhoodr: East Village
- Neighborhoodr: West Village
- Patell and Waterman’s History of New York
- Scouting New York
- The Bowery Boys
- Untapped New York
Posted on December 7, 2012 | No CommentsThe holiday season is well underway and our neighborhoods have wonderful events going on to...
Posted on September 18, 2012 | 1 CommentWhen I was home recently I looked through one of my parents’ photo albums and...
Posted on July 2, 2012 | No CommentsA little over two months ago, Off the Grid covered a meeting regarding the proposed...
Posted on May 17, 2012 | 2 CommentsWalking near Jackson Square in the West Village, you may have wondered what will become...
Posted on May 8, 2012 | No CommentsWe had a beautiful day for our 14th annual house tour benefit on Sunday, May...
Posted on May 2, 2012 | No CommentsIt’s not too late to purchase tickets for our Spring House Tour Benefit, taking place...
Posted on January 25, 2012 | 1 CommentA research request by a New York Times writer regarding the Cherry Lane Theatre at...
Posted on August 25, 2011 | No CommentsWith Hurricane Irene on the way, the city is bracing for some possible high winds...
Posted on May 27, 2011 | No CommentsWith Memorial Day almost here, we thought we would take a look at some of...
Page 1 of 11