Tag: Ernest Flagg Rectory

Happy 50th Landmark Anniversary St. Mark’s-in-the Bowery Church!

50 years ago tomorrow, on April 19, 1966, the LPC landmarked St. Mark’s-in-the-Bowery Church. The Church is the oldest site of continuous worship in New York City. The parcel of land was purchased by Peter Stuyvesant in 1651 and a family

The Village Seen: Painter Patricia Melvin

Today is the second installment of a new occasional series, “The Village Seen,” to display the work of the many talented visual artists in our neighborhoods. Longtime East Villager Patricia Melvin has been painting downtown for more than three decades;

Neighborhood Preservation Center NYC

Our House is on Open House This Weekend!

Since 1999, GVSHP’s office has been housed on the second floor of the Neighborhood Preservation Center (NPC) at 232 East 11th Street. The entire building housed the rectory of the adjacent St. Mark’s Church in the Bowery until the lower

Happy Earth Day from GVSHP!

Preservation is a very vital component of sustainability, so it is no surprise that GVSHP’s office is in an historic building with a strong commitment to being green.  The Neighborhood Preservation Center is housed in the historic Ernest Flagg Rectory

Top