Tag: German Evangelical Lutheran Church of St Mark

A Synagogue Preserved, Reflecting a Neighborhood’s Transformation

On August 9, 2010, GVSHP and the East Village Community Coalition asked the Landmarks Preservation Commission to consider designating this historic building at 323-327 East 6th Street with various layers of historical significance as a New York City landmark.

A Look Back at the General Slocum Disaster

On the morning of June 15, 1904, the General Slocum steamship set sail carrying over 1,300 passengers, most of whom were women and children and members of the East Village’s German Evangelical Lutheran Church of St. Mark at 325 East …

A Look Back at the General Slocum Disaster Read More »

Top